Thursday, August 28, 2014

How my shop got its name

Welcome to my first blog post!  I wanted to start a blog for my customers to give them a inside look at my Etsy store ShopOneLove and everything that goes into it.

First thing I want to blog about is the name of my shop.  Yes, I love Bob Marley but no, my shop isn't named after his song 'One Love'.  

It all came about when my mom suffered a major heart attack which they call a 'Widow Maker'. Thankfully, it happened while she was at work and she was able to get to the hospital in time.   After the scare of almost losing my mother who is also my best friend I felt inclined to get a tattoo.  I wanted a tattoo that every time I looked at it I would think about how grateful I am to have her in my life still. With the help of a tattoo artist I sat down and created the tattoo I have now.  It's a ambigram which means it can be read both ways and say the same thing.  When I decided to start my Etsy shop I chose to call it Shop OneLove because I love what I do and what I create and in return I want my customers to love each piece too.  

Here is a picture of what my tattoo looks like...


If you turn your head to the right you can read OneLove and the same if you turn your head to the left.  

So I guess my whole point of this first post is to help my customers understand that each piece I make is made with 100% LOVE and I want them to love it too.  

Thanks for reading my first post and don't forget to checkout my shop


    

No comments:

Post a Comment